Trademarks provide assurance of consistency with respect to the quality of products or services with which the mark is associated, to the community of users. This Trademark policy therefore attempts to strike the proper balance between two co-existing interests: 1) the need to ensure that the Kaci Mobile Application and WhatsApp Chatbot’s Trademarks remain reliable indicators of the qualities of products and services that they have been created to preserve and 2) the need to ensure that that the Kaci Mobile Application and WhatsApp Chatbot’s community of users are able to distinctly discuss the products and services with which Kaci Chatbot is associated, as well as accurately describe the relationship and/or differences between the products and services provided by the Kaci Mobile Application and WhatsApp Chatbot, and the products and services offered by others.
A trademark provides the owner with an exclusive right to authorize or control the use of the mark. Therefore, your right to use a Trademark associated with the Kaci Mobile Application and WhatsApp Chatbot is provided for in this policy, and in the statement of permitted use, if any, that may accompany the Trademark notice displayed on the website dedicated to the Chatbot Application.
We hold all of the intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyright and trademarks of the Kaci Mobile Application and WhatsApp Chatbot (hereinafter referred to as “Kaci”), such as, but not limited to the name “Kaci”, logos, designs, graphics, hyperlinks, icons, and information, in and to the Chatbot Application and Website, as well as the content contained within the Chatbot Application and Website. All intellectual property rights are thus strictly reserved by us and, subject to what is stated in the Trademark Usage Guidelines (hereinafter referred to as “Guidelines”) below, nothing in this agreement shall be interpreted to connote any assignment of such rights to you.
Any use by you of a Kaci Trademark without a license must be approved by applicable law and requires proper acknowledgment and strict compliance with the Guidelines below.
You shall be entitled to use the information contained on the Kaci Mobile Application, WhatsApp Chatbot and Website, for the purpose of reporting and / or discussing news, press releases, white papers, advertising, slides, videos, and other multimedia presentations, but this is subject to you providing Kaci with a full credit on any reference to our material as follows: ‘courtesy of “Kaci”, an automated online assistant which is dedicated to helping you get real-time updates, confirm doubts by fact verification, report problems, and other requested services” and specifying our web address, “https://www.kaci.help”. Moreover, this is subject to you sending us a copy of the work (or the link to such work) at [email protected]. Should you wish to request permission to use any of our content for any purpose other than as permitted above, please email us at [email protected].
Any other use of a Kaci Trademark requires an appropriate License Agreement (hereinafter collectively referred to as “License”), or any other unambiguous permission from Kaci, written and granted before such use. Requests for a License may be submitted to our official email [email protected].
By using any Kaci Trademarks, you are totally accepting that Kaci is the sole owner of the Trademarks and you are therefore agreeing to forfeit all forms of interference with Kaci’s rights in the Trademarks, including but not limited to challenging Kaci’s use, application to register, as well as the registration of such Trademarks. You agree that you will not harm, obstruct, tamper, or bring into disrepute any Kaci Trademarks and that the goodwill, if any, accrued from your use of any Kaci Trademarks exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to Kaci. You may not employ any Kaci Trademarks in meta tags, keywords, search fields, hidden text, or any other form that has the purpose or effect of diverting or confusing users of the Apps without Kaci’s prior written permission.
Kaci is a software product legally owned and powered by FactCheck Initiative, a registered Nigerian non-governmental development organization, located in Abuja, the capital city of Nigeria, publisher of the software product with the general name “Kaci™ App and WhatsApp Chatbot” that comprises of (a) a mobile assistant application hosted as a specially dedicated app (b) an automated Chatbot that uses machine learning technology, hosted on the platform of the WhatsApp applications of mobile devices under the control of iOS and Android mobile operating systems; (c) a web application available at https://Kaci.help (hereafter all referred to as “Apps”).
Kaci’s Trademarks, service marks, and logos (hereafter referred to as “Trademarks”) represent intellectual property rights owned by Kaci and as such, are valued assets of Kaci. Therefore, these Trademarks, whether registered or unregistered, must be used in accordance with the following Guidelines.
Other product names or trademarks, including those appearing in the Apps, that are not owned by Kaci are for identification purposes only and may be the registered or unregistered trademarks of their respective owners. No license or right is therefore granted by Kaci by implication, estoppel, or otherwise to any such third-party names or trademarks or to the Kaci Trademarks
Applicability and Interpretation of Guidelines
These Guidelines are to be adhered to by Kaci employees, customers, licensees, consultants, outside vendors, and other third parties. Note that if you are a licensee of a Kaci Trademark, the License agreement that you signed with Kaci may contain specific usage guidelines that differ from those contained within these Guidelines, and in such a case, you should follow those specific guidelines provided within the License agreement. If you are a licensee, but have been provided no special guidelines, then follow these Guidelines.
Usage of Kaci Trademarks: General Guidelines
This section details the manner in which Kaci and its trademarks are expected to be utilized at every point in time.
Kindly ensure that before commencement of any usage, your agreement with Kaci provides for the use of Kaci Trademarks and the specific allowed cases of use.
Please ensure that you are following these Guidelines when using Kaci Trademarks, including the requirements and rules as presented below.
Following these Guidelines to the latter is mandatory, unless otherwise reconstructed in the written agreement agreed between you and Kaci. In some cases, these Guidelines are added to the rules and provisions envisaged in the agreement between you and Kaci.
Please refer to the agreement first in case of ambiguity. If no provisions regarding the use of Trademarks are provided in the agreement, please follow these rules.
When referring to Kaci Apps or services, use the applicable Trademarks, and ensure that such references are (i) fair, truthful, and not misleading; and (ii) abide with these Guidelines. Note that these Guidelines may be modified by Kaci from time to time at its sole discretion. Specifically, ensure that you:
1. Stick to the directives within these Guidelines;
2. use the appropriate Trademark symbol and Trademark acknowledgment of Kaci’s ownership of the particular Trademark;
3. do not incorporate Kaci Trademarks into your own product trademarks, company names, logos, or service marks;
4. do not adopt marks or logos that are confusingly similar to any Kaci Trademarks; and
5. in particular cases when advised to and provided with, following Kaci Brand Guidelines is mandatory (please pay special attention to Section 3 “Design Elements”).
When using a Kaci Trademark, ensure that you:
1. ALWAYS use such a Trademark as an adjective, accompanied by an appropriate noun (e.g., “Kaci™ Chatbot is the most used and reliable fact-checking mobile assistant in the West African region”). Do NOT use a Trademark as a noun (e.g., “Kaci is the most used and reliable fact-checking mobile assistant in the West African region”). Do NOT pluralize a Trademark or make it possessive. Do NOT combine a Trademark with other words, symbols, or numbers, either as one word or with a hyphen. Do NOT abbreviate a Trademark;
2. ALWAYS use the proper spelling and the proper trademark symbol (® or ™, as applicable). For the trademark symbol, use the superscript format, but if this is not possible, then use parentheses ((R) or (TM) as applicable); and
3. ALWAYS use Kaci Trademarks in the way they were intended to be used. Do not use Kaci Trademarks for products, including digital products such as apps or services for which they were not originally intended. Do not alter a Kaci Trademark in any way.
In letters, memos, press releases, white papers, advertising, slides, foils, video, and other multimedia presentations, ensure that you:
1. Properly identify (with ® or ™, as applicable) each Kaci Trademark at the most prominent use (often in the headline) and again in the first occurrence. For presentation graphics, each Kaci Trademark should be designated with the proper trademark symbol on each page, slide, and foil;
2. In newsletters, magazines, and publications containing multiple articles, properly identify each Kaci Trademark in the first occurrence in the Table of Contents, in headlines, and in the first occurrence in every article in which it is used;
3. In brochures, financial reports, books, white papers, datasheets, technical documentation, and other bound documents, properly identify each Kaci Trademark in the first occurrence in the Table of Contents, in headlines, and in the first occurrence in the text; and
4. In all charts and graphs, properly identify each Kaci Trademark, as such charts and graphs could become separated, copied, and used independently.
03 Logo Overview
08 Brand Colors
13 Logo Usage
The Brand’s Logo
Both Logos can be used interchangeably
depending on the situation.
The brand’s logo explained
The name Kaci is primarily a gender-neutral name of Irish origin that means vigilant In War.
In American origin, Kaci means “alert, watchful”. Kaci has different variant names with mostly
girls but boys also bear it. So its an universal name.
Corporate logo & brandmark
Logo clearspace and computation
Whenever you use the logo, it should be surrounded with clear
space to ensure its visibility and impact. No graphic elements
of any kind should invade this zone.
Logo placement dos and don’ts
Good white spacing around your logo makes
it more appealing and balanced to the eye.
Acknowledgement of Kaci Trademarks
Ensure that you include a proper trademark ownership notice that identifies each Kaci Trademark used as being owned by Kaci.
Use of “Kaci” as a Trademark vs. Trade name
“Kaci” is not only a trademark used to identify Kaci’s Apps and services; it also serves as Kaci’s company name. Therefore, the word “Kaci” is generally used in two (2) different ways: (i) as a trade name to identify Kaci the company and its subsidiaries; or (ii) as a trademark to identify its various products, including digital products, such as Apps.
As a general rule, the word “Kaci” should be primarily used as a trademark (or a part of the respective trademark) and be associated with its core product (Apps) instead of its usage as a trade name.
However, “Kaci”, may be used as a trade name when Kaci, the company (or its subsidiaries) is taking some action or referenced as having some attribute, e.g., in press releases, within job postings, or in publicly available descriptive articles regarding the company’s general activities.
The Media Kit includes the Logo, Product, Guidelines and more.